Jennifer and her husband recently visited the school in Ecuador.
You can read the full article on pages 6-8 of the April Link magazine by clicking here
She summarised her highlights of her visit:
- Getting to know the children and the staff... lots of hugging and kissing, and practising saying my name, although one boy insisted on calling me Grandma instead!
- Assembly taken by Pastor Rodrigo.
- Lovely school environment with interesting displays and information.
- Seeing lessons with the theme of Eric Carles’ The Hungry Caterpillar; exciting, interesting and engaging lessons.
- Enthusiastic music lessons led by the leader of the Music Group from a local Baptist Church.
- PE in the local park, about two minutes walk away from school... a large
- accessible green space and children sharing wheelchairs to get there.
- Horse riding on Friday morning with added games and fun.
- Parents Consultation morning with very appreciative parents and very well attended. Two days of In Service Training for Staff with much discussion and hard work and a desire to see how teaching and learning could be improved.