Thursday 23 April 2015

Jill's Blog Entry 1

Jill returns to Ecuador. She will be blogging during her time there.

"I arrived in Quito Ecuador on Sunday 12th April, after a good flight. My hope, as always, was that all suitcases would appear on the carousel.The first one did. Still waiting expectantly at the carousel I heard this message on the loudspeaker "can Ball Jill come to the lost baggage desk. "Sure enough one case had been left in London , but not to worry, they would collect it from the plane when it arrived and send it on to Santo Domingo. Not a big deal apparently.

To my utter delight and not to say surprise, the company were true to their word and I collected the case on Wednesday from a package sending office in Santo Domingo. This has not always been my experience with mislaid baggage, so I felt especially favored and blessed
Altogether I have had  a very good week, meeting up with dear folk I have not seen in seven months. I was asked to speak to the ladies in a barrio with Blanca and Rodrigo ,and then asked to speak at the monthly meeting for retired people. Both events were well attended and people were very kind
I was given a lovely reception party by William and some friends with an enormous bouquet in the shape of a dog.

Temperatures in the 40s, a bit different to Leigh on Sea. To complete the week the water pump broke, so washing in cold water out of a bucket, but in this climate, that is no hardship."

Jill Ball 20/04/15



1 comment:

  1. HI, great to hear from you- Greetings and Blessings to everyone! Love, Jill x

    ReplyDelete